Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Q-2 The Outsiders

For my next blog, I have to write about the best book I ever read for an English class.  The best book I ever read for an English class was The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.  I read this book in 8th grade when Mr. Cox was my English teacher.  The book started with Ponyboy Curtis at the gas station with his brothers Darry and Sodapop Curtis  and his friends Two-Bit Mathews, Steve Randle, Dallas, better known as Dally, Winston, and Johnny Cade. they are the members of a gang called Greasers.

Ponyboy gets home and his brother, Darry hits him. This causes Ponyboy and Johnny to run away. They go to an old church.  One day, the church catches on fire. Ponyboy and Johnny save the kids. Unfortunately, the church crashes on Johnny, and he breaks his back as a result.
Back on the edge of town, Ponyboy returns home. The other Greasers tell Ponyboy there is a rumble going on the next day. (A rumble is when the Greases and Socs fight with no weapons;just their fists.)
The rumble takes place. The Greasers end up winning the rumble. After the rumble, Ponyboy runs to the hospital to see Johnny. Johnny reveals that he didn't mind dying for those kids. All he wanted to do was save those kids.
Dally dies by getting shot and killed by the police. Ponyboy faints and wakes up several days later.
At the end of the book, Ponyboy tells his readers that The Outsiders is his English composition.
The Outsiders was the perfect book to read in English class. This book made me feel.  The Outsiders became one of my favorite books. In fact, I have a copy at home.  Today, this book still makes me feel.  It was also one of the few books we read in that class.
The Outsiders was the best book I read for an English class. It is one of the best books ever. Period.



No comments:

Post a Comment