Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I-1 New Year's Resolution

Every year, my family and I make New Year's Resolutions.  We are crazy for doing that, I know. That is because no one in my family ever sticks to thier resolutions. (This is especially true of my mother who NEVER sticks to her resolution.)   Some years, I don't have a resolution. I just say "Ditto."   This year, I have a resolution. My resolution is to be more aware of what is going on around me.  Go ahead and say it, but I can be a pretty stupid person.  Half of the time, I don't know what is going on around me.  I also get really distracted. Like today. I was looking at a picture of one of the cutest actors when my teacher tapped me on the shoulder. " Sorry. I get so distracted." I said. He laughed, and said "That's okay. I get distracted too."  I laughed. That is something I need to work on this year.  I also tend to stare out the window in some of my classes. I also need to stop staring out the window during class. I know it's crazy,but this is part of being aware of the things around me.  This also includes  knowing when somone doesn't want to be around me.  I need to be aware of when an insult is being thrown at me.  This will help me to be more aware.  Sticking to my resolution will be a challenge,but I will try very hard to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment