Thursday, January 5, 2012

I-3 Here Come the Grandparents

The highlight of my Christmas break was when my grandparents came to stay at my house for two days.  My grandparents came to my house the day after Christmas. I was not happy about this arrangement because I had to give up my bedroom.  My sister and I wereforced to sleep in her tiny room.  She only has one twin bed, and one of us has to sleep on the floor. It was me, of course.  (No pointing fingers).  Back to the original story. My grnadparents ate TV dinners on the first night on thier stay. This was because nobody bothered to make dinner.  We watched a Christmas special on TV.  When it was recorded, there was a severe weather warning on the bottom of the screen. So the weather warning was a permanet part of the recording. At 8:00, I headed to the sleeping bag.  Sleeping on the floor was unbearable.  I was up for half of the night. The next morning, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  My grandmother greeted me with an overwhelming cheer.  The day did not improve, though. We played games all day, and we watched Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen O'Hara. I was so glad to go to bed. I got Em's bed that night. That is not exactly the best thing to sleep in, either.  It was lumpy, and it creacked every time you moved.  That was annoying.  I was glad when my grandparents left. But if I ever write a play called Here Come the Grandparents, this would be the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment