Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Flying vs. Driving

Wer'e back on the topic about what my friends are doing during the holidays.  In the last blog, I mentioned how two of my friends are going to Las Vegas.  One day during study hall, I was curious about  the flying and driving times to get to Las Vegas.

On Friday, I figured out how long it takes to fly from Buffalo to Las Vegas.  It is a short amount of time.  A direct flight is only 3 hours and 57 minutes. That is really suprising to me since Buffalo and Las Vegas is almost cross country.  There are at least 25 airports between Buffalo and Las Vegas. And stopping at one of these airports with a four hour layover takes much longer than 3 hours and 57 minutes. It could take a full DAY with layovers.  I'd rather have the direct flight.



On Monday, I figured out the driving time from Buffalo to Las Vegas. The total driving time is 1 day, 10 hours, and 22 minutes.  Driving takes SO much longer than flying for various reasons. There are constant stops such as the bathroom, fast food places, and hotels.  Traffic is another thing. One time, my family and I were coming back from South Carolina, and we were stuck in a slow down for 45 minutes. Or you could be stuck with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. That is no fun.  All of these reasons delay the driving time. The good thing about driving is taking the senic route. But that has its problems, too.  The senic route is good only if there is an extra few days on hand.  





If you ask me, I'd rather fly.  There isn't a bad thing about flying except the layovers. It's not that I hate driving,I don't. I just don't like the delays that come with driving.

I know I am boring everybody who is reading this, so I'm just going to end this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment