Thursday, December 15, 2011

The 50's- The Golden Age

If I could travel back in time, I would travel to the 1950's.  The main reason is because life is different back then than it is now.  In the 1950's, there were no computers. Unlike many young people of the Internet  generation, I don't go on the computer much.  So this is a big impact to me.  I would also be around for some of the biggest movies in American history, such as Ben Hurr, Giant, Rebel Without a Cause, and the Disney classics Old Yeller,  and Swiss Family Robinson. Hollywood was much more secure unless I worked at MGM. My crushes in the 1950's would probably be Rock Hudson, James Dean, Sal Mineo,   Tyrone Power,  Peter Lawford, Bobby Driscoll, and James MacArthur.  The 1950's was also the birth of rock' and roll. When it comes to music, I would listen to Eddie Fisher and Ricky Nelson.   I would also like to drive the car the James Dean had when he was killed in a car crash.  I would also like to go back to the 1950's because I would  discover the vaccine for polio. I would aslo witness the Soviet's release of  Sputnik.  That shows that us Americans can advance in technology.   The 1950's was considered the golden age by historians everywhere. I would love to go there if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment