Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide

When I found out about the death of fourteen-year-old Jamey Rodemeyer, I was heartbroken.  I thought it was drastic how one can take thier own life due to bullying.  Jamey was bullied for more than a year because of gay slurs. I thought the article was rather powerful considering what had happened to Jamey.  I find that heartbreaking that people are bullied just because they are gay. People are just rude and horrible becasue they are bullying an innocent teenager. I never had any personal experince on this topic, but I do know being gay is not a bad thing.  It is hard for teenagers to express thier sexuality,especially high school students, and I can understand why Jamey was bullied.  He started getting bullied in middle school, and that is when we start finding out about who we really are as a person. Jamey already figured that out, and that's a good thing. I find that bullying is horrible, and it should be stopped at all causes. That is why I am glad that the goverment is taking action on bullying laws. When people take action, I am very happy that they do.  Bullying should be stopped at all causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment