Monday, March 5, 2012

M-1 Saint Patrick's Day


There is a holiday in March that we call Saint Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish,so I don't really celebrate the holiday. But there are celebrations in school that I take part in.  When I was younger, my classmates and I celebrated in school by making crafts related to the holiday and having stories read to us by my teacher. I used to think the leperchauns were real.  Believe me,everyone thinks they are real at some point. I also thought pots of gold at the end of the rainbow were real.  I remember one year when every single treat we ate was green.  Even the rice krispee treats we ate were green! There was another year when one of my classmates took us on a scavenger hunt where we had to solve all of these riddles. I am horrible at riddles. So the scavenger hunt took me longer than intended. Last year, Mr. Edward,one of my teachers, asked the class  to take a Saint Patrick Day quiz.  Fortunatley for eveyone, the quiz wasn't graded because I failed epically. That quiz,actually,was something to laugh about. To this day, I still give Mr. Edward credit for thinking up that one.  This year, Saint Patrick's Day is on a Saturday,so I'll be missing the chance to celebrate in school.  (This is because of the fact there is no school on Friday.)  I also believe in four leaf clovers.  Finding a four leaf clover in my book is lucky.  Considering the luck I've been having lately,I'll get one the first chance I get. Even though I Saint Patrick's Day is not one of the holidays I celebrate,I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment