Thursday, March 1, 2012

L-4 School Dances

For my choice blog, I decided to write about school dances.  A normal person would look forward to a school dance,but personally, I dread school dances. I don't know if this makes me a bad person,but I don't get excited for school dances. I honestly don't.  When my friends talk about how excited they are for the dance,I listen for a while and then I tune out.  The worst part is the dance is the only thing ANYONE talks about until the week after the dance is over.  The music at school dances is often lame. I'm sorry,but I just can't enjoy the music unless I'm really into it.  I sometimes go to the dances for the food. Who doesn't love food? I know I LOVE food.  I'm sorry to say that sometimes,even the food is lame.  (This one time, I complained to my friend that the food looked like a kndergarten snacktime. She laughed.) I also hate when people compliment my dress so many times. Sure,it's great to have a compliement given to you,but i'ts also annoying when you get so many. At homecoming, I got so many compliements that I ignored people after a while.  The worst part of the dance is when I'm not having a good time. This is when the food stink, the music is lame,and on top of it, I'm having the worst time.  My friends are great when they try to cheer me up,but in reality,it's hard to feel better when your'e already having a horrible time.  Sometimes I pretned that I'm having a good time by putting a fake smile on my face.  And I also speak in a really, and I mean really, fake British accent.  I don't know if my friends ever found out my act yet,but I try to put on a good show. Latley though, I found the solution around school dances, don't go. It is not worth the fake smile and the British accent just to pretend I'm having fun, when really, I'm not.    Those are all the reasons I dread school dances.

No comments:

Post a Comment