Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Tradition

My family and I have  some Thanksgving traditions. Every year, it is the same thing.  My mom, my sister and I wake up around nine o' clock to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. When I was younger, my family and I had categories and we would vote for things like Best Balloon, Best Float, and my favorite-the celebrity category.  My favorite ballooon was always Clifford the Big Red dog.   My sister was really into Kermit the Frog when she was younger. So she would always vote for that one.  My sister and I always voted for the Build-a-Bear float.  Santa Claus and The Rockettes were the  clear winners in the celebrity category.  (Although, in past years, I have voted for the Jonas Brothers, Miranda Cosgrove, Corey Haim, and David Strickland.)  My dad gets up at 10:00 and showers.  ( He doesn't watch the parade.) Once the parade is over, we shower and get ready to go to my Aunt Nettie's house. My Aunt Nettie has two dogs, Russell and Magoo, and they get very excited.  We eat at 3:00. My favorite Thanksgiving food is mashed potatoes.   For dessert, we eat pumkin pie.I like spending Thanksgving with Aunt Nettie because I like spending time with family. Around 7:00, we leave. I'm in bed by 9:30.  Tradition is a value-especially when it comes to Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment