Thursday, April 5, 2012

O-2 My mother was....

My mother was happy to get home from work after her long day. My mother has been having long days at work lately.  She gets up very early on the days she has to go to work.  Her alarm clock rings at 5:45 am every weekday morning.  My mother gets up and goes downstairs to see my dog.  My dog usually has been already fed by my father, but some mornings, he hasn't been fed yet. So she feeds him. After my  mother finishes feeding him, she takes a long shower. By this time, I'm out of bed. I have to wait to use the bathroom because of my mother's long showers. (My father and I always make fun of her for her long showers.)  It takes my mother over an hour to get out of the house after that because she spends all of her time getting her earrings on and putting on her make-up.  Then she dries her hair, which takes about ten years. It is a pain listening to the hair dryer make that annoying  noise.  My mother finally gets out of the house at around 8:00.  These days, my mother has longer days at work. She hates the long days, and she is very glad to get home.  My sister and I greet her when she gets home. (My dog greets her first because he runs to the door. ) Then comes dinner. We either eat at the table or eat in front of the TV.  When we eat in front of the TV, we watch sitcoms such as The Bob Newhart Show, The Big Bang Theory, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and  Mary Tyler Moore.  We spend family time when my mother comes home from work.  My mother has an important job to do. But she is happy to be home with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment